Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All About Melanie

My name is Melanie Kriner. I am a wife, mother, sister and daughter and I love being all four. I especially love being a mother to my daughter Kaitlyn who is 3 years old. Three years ago when I had Kaitlyn I decided it was time to go back and finish my degree. I started at Auburn in 1996 and took off many semesters to work and to make a long story short I never finished. So in 2007 I came back to South Alabama to finish up my degree in Secondary Education/Social Sciences. The experience has been gratifying as well as difficult while raising a child at home. I have the unconditional support of my husband David and of my family and friends. All of these people come together to give me words of encouragement, babysit Kait or help me proof read a paper. I chose to come back to South because is was convenient and I feel I am getting the best education possible at this university.

My interests include travel, we love Disney World. I love to read when I have time and when I am not reading school books. I enjoy cooking and watching cooking shows on the Food Channel. I love being outside, this is an activity that my daughter and I enjoy together. History is my passion, I love all branches of history but I am especially interested in World War II, The American Revolution, History of Monarchies, Russian and English histories. I look forward to graduating in May of 2010 and moving on to being an educator here in Mobile County.

No comments:

Post a Comment