Sunday, July 12, 2009

A little competition never hurt anyone....

I just listened to the NPR news piece about the new Google Operating System. I think it is great that someone is coming out and really challenging Microsoft and its operating system Windows. The new Google OS will be called Chrome and promises to more user friendly than Windows. Google execs make the argument that most people use Google as a search engine why not have it as an operating system on most computers. Right now Google generates most of it's revenue from advertisements. Many analysts do say that this will be an up hill battle for Google because even when Microsoft was struggling with the OS Vista competitors still could not get a foot in to the market.

Like I said I think it is a good thing that consumers will have more choices in choosing an operating system. I only hope that Chrome is of equal or better quality than Windows. As far as education goes I think it is also good for school systems and educators to have a choice in the operating systems they want to use on their computers. Overall it is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment