Monday, July 20, 2009

Technology Literate!

At first I had a some bitterness about this class because I had to take it over again! The first time I took it South was on quarters (yes over 10 years ago) and they needed the class to be on semester hours. So you can see why I was upset I had to take it over again. But I tried to be positive because I knew technology had changed since I took the class 10 years ago so I was looking forward to learning something new that I could implement in the my own classroom.

As far as the blogs go I already had a personal blog that I had set up through eBlogger so I already knew a lot. But there was still a lot to learn like setting up a link and adding tags to photos. Blogs are a great way to express opinions or just get thoughts out. They are also a great way to put information out on the web.

Our personal presentation was great because it introduced me to Google Docs and how to use Google because I had never used it before. The presentation also gave us a chance to speak in front of the class which is something we will be doing most of our professional life. I really liked this particular project.

The spreadsheets I am sure will be helpful but they were a bit boring for me. That is all I have to say about that.

The podcasts were the most nerve wracking and need the MOST preparation. I think our group met 3 times before the actual podcast. I do thing that podcasting is a very valid form of communication and can be very useful in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment